The Design Method™
When the word ‘redesign’ is discussed most people only consider touching the building blocks of a publication’s visual identity and style
- Style patterns
- Usage guides
But, design thinking can deliver much more.
Our design process also focuses on visual story training and developing best practices in order to take advantage of the new design tools
- Staffing and workflow
- Graphics thinking
- Photo usage
- Visual editing
- Story planning
- Professional standards
- Collaborative approaches
A complete redesign effort for a general-interest newspaper, LEADERSHIP in Abuja, Nigeria is one recent result.
Over a one-year period we provided a complete newspaper design solution, staff training, and development of new editorial and technology workflows.
- Leadership transformed from being one of the poorest designed in market to being among the top three sellers in a crowded market.
- Circulation is up over 30 percent one year after redesign.
- Advertising revenues are up over 10 percent for the same period.
- The design was done in parallel with a new press installation and the signing a co-printing contract with a Lagos printer.
- The design created sustainable marketing buzz for the newspaper.
- By showcasing professional design standards, Leadership is now positioned ahead of competitors. and attracts greater attention.
- The high quality of the new design and the development of a vibrant advertising color palette has attracted new partners that have grown the publisher’s commercial printing business.
- The redesign of the paper’s website also helped to increase print traffic.
Bring The Design Method™ to your next project.